We have been having a lot of fun in our home (and by we, I mean Moss and I) with our human sized Halloween skeleton. It is the best $35 decorative item I have found for Halloween styling. As much as I love decorating, it's the fun memories that my kids will grow up with. One day, looking back on the "freaky" times we've had together in our home each October. I couldn't resist our Skeleton, which I affectionately call "Old Mate" baking up these delicious skull cookies just in time for when the boys arrived home for afternoon tea. They look great and even better, I simply used a pre made cookie dough mix to save on time which tasted delicious.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Choc chip cookie dough
- A rolling pin
- White coloured icing or edible cake paint
- Black gel icing pen
- Lolly eyes
- Any Halloween Decorations that you like
To shop these items and get this Halloween look, click here.
SIMPLY FOLLOW THESE STEPS FOR THE SKULL SHAPED COOKIES:
- Slice the rolled dough into thick pieces
- Roll out the individual pieces and cut with the skull shaped cookie cutter
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place skull cookies onto tray and bake in the oven for 8 and a half minutes. (I like them chewy).
- Once slightly cooled, move to a cooling rack
- Grab a paintbrush and the decorative edible white icing paint. Paint on the white in the middle of the cookie, leaving a nice thick edge
- With the black gel icing pen, draw a line for the mouth and mini lines across it. Add x2 blobs for the eyes
- Carefully put x2 edible eye lollies onto the black eye blobs
- Serve for your kids!
- (Add a glass choccie milk or style your own skeleton as if it's been baking!)
Here's a little video of "Old Mate" in the kitchen. My boys love watching this over and over and that to me, is priceless.
To see more of what we get up to, visit my instagram page here. If sharing please credit to @caleyashpole.